How your sleep specialists in Columbia South Carolina, can help when you can’t sleep
If you have trouble falling asleep or staying asleep, it could be just a temporary problem. It could also be something more serious. You could have insomnia, a condition that can dramatically affect your life. The sleep specialists Dr. Richard Bogan and Dr. Laura Herpel at Bogan Sleep Consultants in Columbia, South Carolina offer a full range of medical services to help you when you can’t sleep.
So, how do you know if you are suffering from insomnia? There are several identifiable signs and symptoms. You may have insomnia if you:
- Frequently have trouble falling asleep at night
- Frequently wake up during the night
- Wake up too early most mornings
- Don’t feel rested after sleeping at night
- Feel groggy or sleepy during the day
- Have problems concentrating or remembering things
- Feel irritable, anxious, or depressed
- Frequently worry about getting to sleep at night
If you are experiencing any of the signs and symptoms listed above, there are a few simple remedies you can try. Consider:
- Having a set wake-up and sleep time every day
- Staying active and exercising most days of the week
- Checking your medications for side-effects
- Discussing changing medications with your doctor
- Avoiding taking naps or taking only short naps
- Avoiding caffeine and nicotine products, and alcohol
- Avoiding eating a meal before bed
Your bedroom should be a calming, soothing, relaxing place, designed to help you get to sleep at night and stay asleep. You should avoid having a television in your bedroom or any other device with a blue screen because this can disrupt your sleep.
You should also have a bedtime ritual that will help your body adjust and know it’s time for sleep. Warm baths, listening to calming music, or reading can all help you get to sleep.
Don’t let insomnia ruin your days and nights. Your sleep specialists can help you get to sleep and stay asleep. To find out more about insomnia and treatment for other sleep disorders, call the sleep specialists at Bogan Sleep Consultants in Columbia, South Carolina today.