Would you like to learn more about sleep tests from Bogan Sleep Consultants in Columbia, SC?
Sleep is important for many vital processes like reducing stress, improving memory, lowering blood pressure and boosting your immune system. Unfortunately, not everyone gets their proper dose of sleep. Approximately 50-70 million adults in the US suffer from a sleep disorder, according to the American Sleep Association.
Types of Sleep Tests
There are several sleep tests your Columbia doctor uses to help diagnose sleep problems. The facility offers a relaxing environment, a home-like bedroom setting, to ease the process and get the best results.
Here are a few tests our doctor offers:
- Polysomnogram (PSG) analyzes a patient's physical state while you sleep. The test monitors sleep and breathing patterns, heart function and brain waves.
- CPAP Titration is the next step after PSG analysis. CPAP Titration identifies if a person has a breathing disorder while sleeping. This is done by placing a patient on a CPAP machine and little-by-little adjusting the machine until snoring and sleep apnea episodes are eliminated.
- Split-Night PSG helps your physician diagnose sleep apnea and determine the best treatment option.
- Multiple Sleep Latency Test (MSLT) analyzes the amount of daytime sleepiness by measuring how quickly you fall asleep by taking five twenty-minute naps at two-hour intervals.
How to Improve Sleep
The National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke National Institutes of Health recommends doing the following to improve sleep:
- Have a set schedule by sleeping and waking up every day at the same time.
- Exercise 20 to 30 minutes a day
- Avoid caffeine and nicotine
- Relax before bed by reading or taking a bath.
- Avoid bright lights and loud sounds in your bedroom.
- Maintain a comfortable temperature in your bedroom.
Do you want to learn more about sleep and the types of sleep tests from your Columbia, SC, Bogan Sleep Consultants offer? If so, don't hesitate to call Bogan Sleep Consultants in Columbia, SC at (803) 251-3093 today.